Who we are
Bluffworks launched via Kickstarter in 2012 with the goal of making a better pair of pants. Now, we offer a lot more — with products that empower the journeys of men and women around the world for work, play, and beyond.
We are a rapidly growing, direct-to-consumer brand headquartered in NYC with a mix of local and remote team members. Bluffworks has run four successful Kickstarter campaigns, raised capital, added a women’s line in 2019, and continued to build both a dedicated team and community of engaged customers.
Our clothes are currently sold on our e-commerce website. We recently opened Studio Bluffworks, our flagship NYC office and showroom. In 2020, we are expanding to wholesale, catalog, and potentially another Kickstarter project.
Who we're looking for
We are a distributed, growing, and passionate team, so we highly value outstanding communication skills and collaboration. A sense of humor and passion for travel are a plus.
As Bluffworks continues to expand our product offerings and avenues for customer acquisition and engagement, we are seeking strategic new team members with the expertise and enthusiasm to help support our goals.
The Head of Growth Marketing will lead the marketing department’s initiatives to increase brand recognition, traffic, and conversions. The current marketing team is geographically distributed and comprised of focus area managers for brand, creative, copy, design + development, advertising, partnerships, and social.
This position is based in NYC and will report directly to Stefan, the CEO and Founder.
With experience across traditional and digital marketing, combined with business acumen and strategic analysis, the Head of Growth Marketing will support the company’s growth goals by developing strategic projects with leaders across departments, and then leverage the marketing team to execute effectively.
- Develop and drive global brand identity and storytelling, ensuring consistency in messaging across all consumer touch points and platforms
- Ownership of all marketing efforts and oversight of execution, across digital, social, print, and loyalty
- Manage product messaging to establish a contextual understanding of the product features, benefits, uses and points of differentiation for the target customer
- Establish metrics and measurable goals to track marketing campaign performance
- Develop and implement high ROI customer relationship and acquisition programs
- Manage and forecast digital trends, best practices, emerging technologies, and risks; assess competitors and make recommendations; benchmark performance across channels compared to similar brands
The ideal candidate should have 10+ years marketing and leadership experience within consumer product companies. They should have experience bringing products to market for high-growth brands with revenue over $30M and demonstrated knowledge of digital marketing methods, with a track record of testing and learning in this space.
Strong analytical skills are required, particularly the ability to manipulate analytical tools and draw meaningful conclusions from complex data, as well as establish effective metrics to approach marketing strategy and spend.
To apply, please email email@example.com with your resume.
We're looking for a dependable, efficient, positive person to join our customer service team. We value accuracy, attention to detail, and the ability to work well both individually and within a team. Tactfulness in dealing with customers — and potentially sensitive issues — via email or phone is a must.
This position is with the Bluffworks Customer Service Department in Amsterdam, NY.
- 15-20 hours per week throughout training, scheduled between Monday - Friday; 9 am - 5 pm.
- 35-40 hours per week full-time hourly position available upon hire.
- Anticipated overtime during new product launches and busy periods.
- Answering customer inquiries via email / phone, responding with detailed information about our products, fit, exchange and order processes, care instructions, etc.
- Process order transactions, including returns, exchanges, credits, etc.
- Accurately absorb and document customer inquiries and feedback for action by the company (for example, new product recommendations)
- Become an expert in our products, to be able to guide men and women on how our products can support their journey — often travel — as well as address questions about fit or fabric details
The ideal candidate has 1-2 years of experience conducting online customer service or has worked in office management. An acute sense of urgency + awareness, time-sensitivity, attention to detail, and responsibility, are required, as is the absolute ability to be discreet + trustworthy with customer information.
Requirements include fluent knowledge of Windows 7 or higher, Gmail, Google Drive and related documents, Microsoft Office, and various internet browsers, as well as strong verbal and written skills and proficiency with spreadsheets and basic calculations.
They should be a quick starter and able to take on additional responsibility as they work independently within a fast-paced environment. We are interested in a go-getter who is driven to expand their skills and grow within our company.
To apply, please submit this typeform.