I love adding new products to our lineup that meet different needs for different situations... and different guys. But as our offers grow, we realized it might be a challenge for some guys to figure out: Which is my perfect pair?
It’s actually kind of a nice problem to have. While I think all of our washable dress pants are awesome, we want you to find the pants that are just right for your unique needs.
The truth is, all our pants are designed to be able to stand up to whatever you throw at them. Our wrinkle free pants are all machine washable and include the smart travel features (like hidden security pockets) you’ve come to love and expect from Bluffworks. We hope they’ll be a strong foundation for the kind of capsule wardrobe men are looking to create with durable, versatile pieces that can be worn many different ways.
The main differences come to play when you consider when, where, and how you want to wear them — and really, it all comes down to personal preference.
- Headed somewhere hot and sweaty? You definitely want the most light and breathable mens dress slacks you can find.
- Stuck on a red eye before that big meeting? You need mens suit pants that look like they just came back from the dry cleaner even after you’ve been wearing them for 12 hours.
- Going from trail to theater in a single day of sightseeing? You need a versatile pair of travel slacks that can go everywhere with you.
So we decided to break out each style we offer by what it does best to help you find your perfect pair. (Or three!)
A word on fit: Each of our pants come in two fits, and both even and odd numbered waist sizes, to help you find your perfect match. To see the details on cut differences and measurements, please view our Fit & Details page.
Editor's note: this piece was discontinued.
Our first product, the Original looks like a dress pant but is made of a sturdy/non-stretching material. It’s our most breathable pant and the one I recommend most if you’re headed for truly hot and humid climates. It’s also super durable, making it the best option to stand up to the rigors of an extremely active travel schedule or lifestyle. You could literally go mountain climbing in these pants — I have.
- Our most durable pants.
- Wool-like appearance for more formal settings.
- Ultra light-weight. Best travel pants for hot weather.
- Sturdy, non-stretch material that is very lightweight and slides as you move.
The Ascender Chinos offers a softer and stretchier material than our Original, but remains breathable. We designed these slacks for men to mimic the look and feel of a cotton chino, with all the technical qualities of the best travel pants — including wrinkle resistance, stain-resistance, and security features. These are my go-to casual pants for bike commuting in the city and running around with my son, but they still look good enough that I wear them to the office many days.
- Incredible, ultra-soft, cotton-like fabric.
- Lots of stretch.
- Gusset for easy movement.
- More casual chino styling.
- Durable enough for urban activities like bike commuting.
- Medium-weight. Comfortable in warm summer weather, all the way through winter.
The Gramercy pant was designed specifically to match our popular Gramercy Blazer as matching suit pants, so you can mix and match them with your favorite pieces or create the look of a full suit. It comes in our softest and stretchiest material yet, and is perfect for business travel. That stretch offers the best range of movement and comfort while still looking like a polished men’s dress pant. I’d say these are our most comfortable pair to date, and when you consider that you can pair them with the blazer for a suit look, or mix and match with other separates, the Gramercy might become the MVP of your closet.
- Lots of stretch with a polished, formal look.
- Wrinkle resistant, no iron required.
- Most comfortable.
As you can see, choosing your perfect pants will depend on where, when, and how you intend to wear them — because they are all designed to be stylish, durable, and most importantly versatile.
My advice? Go for one of each.